In the 1920's, Armand S. Flinch recognized his dedication to funeral service and his community. It was in a rented house at 170 Hempstead Avenue in Malverne, that he established the original funeral home, which came to be known as the Armand S. Flinch funeral home. After a decade a larger facility was required to service the families of Malverne, Lynbrook, and surrounding communities. It was then that the present location was purchased. Using his architectural background, he redesigned the residence into the colonial building it is today.
Armand's son-in-law, Edward M. Bruns, Jr. joined the funeral home in 1939. Together, Armand and Edward continued their devotion to funeral service. In 1955, the funeral home incorporated as Flinch & Bruns Funeral Home, Inc. It was at this time that Edward's son, Edward A. Bruns, began to work along side his father and grandfather. After their retirement, Edward A. continued the tradition of excellence in funeral service for over forty years. Today, Edward still resides in Malverne and remains an integral part of the funeral home.
Having been with Flinch & Bruns since the 1980's, John F. Ferrante and Michael J. Grant are today principals of the funeral home. They continue to contribute to the community through sponsorship of many fraternal, youth, educational, and senior programs. They promote the highest standards of funeral service to the public and pride themselves in their mission statement: Tradition, Commitment, Integrity...."The differences are worth comparing."